- Design and implement field experiments and other measurement approaches to help Priorities understand which messages and tactics are effective. Implement survey experiments, conduct analysis, and present findings.
- Evaluate field experiments, from cleaning data to conducting statistical analyses measuring treatment effects, levels of uncertainty, and heterogeneity in results.
- Contribute to written reports and develop visuals for presentations of experiment results to share with Priorities USA and progressive organizations we partner with.
- Review related political science research to put Priorities’ results in context.
- Work closely with Analytics colleagues to develop data and technical infrastructure to ensure findings are used effectively to inform future strategic and tactical decisions.
- Report to the Analytics Manager and collaborate with Analytics leads and Paid Media team.
- 1+ years work experience in data science, statistics, or political science research.
- Academic or professional training in statistical methods, especially regression analysis, and experimental design and analysis.
- Experience working with large quantitative data sets and dealing with messy data. Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a passion for Democratic causes and candidates.
- Fluency in R and some experience with SQL, with a preference for fluency in tidyverse and ggplot packages.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.