Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a state based collaboration (“Table”) formed to improve long-term coordination and communication among nonprofit, socially responsible civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage underrepresented and socially responsible voters in the democratic process and to establish collective action around common issue areas. Those issue areas include voting rights, quality and affordable health care, economic justice, civil rights, improving public education, and more. Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices.
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
POSITION OVERVIEW The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with VAN (Voter Activation Network) administration, basic training, and technical assistance in order to implement their voter engagement work, including advising on the use of voter contact tools. This position will work at the direction of the state Data Manager.
- Administer VAN (Voter Activation Network) for partner organizations and their consultants. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring the use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies. Some examples of VAN work include, but are not limited to,
- creating basic lists, creating survey questions and activist codes, creating scripts, setting up phone banks, cutting turf, bulk uploading data, etc. Note: State Voices offers basic and advanced VAN Training to all data staff.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Administer ViPER (Visual Progressive Engagement Resource) for partner organizations. Primarily, this consists of creating user accounts and training partners on the tool.
- Administer the Blocks voter registration tool. This includes but not limited to managing users, troubleshooting with partners, creating VR performance reports, tracking progress to goal for partner organizations, etc.
- Support partner organizations in the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools and assist them in assessing and implementing data integration into programs.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work. This includes, but is not limited to, required weekly data calls, required biweekly calls with respective Deputy Director of Data & Technology, required convening attendance, etc.
- Provide basic VAN training both in person and remote.
- Improve network partners’ data through list matching, and providing training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Participate in national working groups with other data staff to develop nation-wide standards and best practices. Including but not limited to, required weekly data calls, required biweekly calls with respective Deputy Director of Data & Technology, required convening attendance, etc.
- Must complete series of required trainings by State Voices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Location: Florida, South Florida a plus