Are you a tech-savvy person who cares about the future of the planet and thinks we should prioritize quality of life over growth at any cost? Do you believe that organizing and advocacy have the potential to solve the problems that you are most concerned about? Are you interested in using data and systems to help create social and political change?
The Public Interest Network’s Digital Team is hiring a Data Administrator. Our team works with public interest organizations to work for social change on critical issues like fighting global warming and getting big money out of politics. A key part of their strategy to win in the long-run is to reach and build a large list of supporters who can take action both online and offline and contribute financial support to the campaigns. You’ll help:
- Ensure and improve the quality of data originating from our email program, social media, and a variety of offline sources;
- Create and run reports that tell the data story to content creators and organizers;
- Improve our data quality and supporters’ online and offline experiences.
- As the Digital Team’s Data Administrator, you’ll apply and grow your skills by:
- Working with vendors, internal stakeholders, and members to improve data quality;
- Maintaining existing integrations between the Public Interest Network’s various data systems;
- Work with the Data Engineer to develop new integrations between current and future data systems;
- Design and enforce tracking systems for new projects;
- Providing reports and analysis to organizers and the Network at large, helping them to more effectively realize social and political change;
- Improving our internal documentation and training;
- Assisting in other tasks and projects to grow and improve The Public Interest Network’s presence in the digital space.
- The ideal candidate for the Digital Team’s Data Administrator will be passionate about creating social and political change. We need someone who has excellent judgement and the ability to oversee significant projects. We’re looking for a solid generalist who is capable of learning and working with a variety of systems, programming languages, and people.
- Working with relational databases such as MySQL and Oracle is central to this role. Prior experience working with large data sets in R, Google BigQuery or Amazon Redshift is a plus but is not required.
- Comfort with the Linux command line is a plus but is not required.
- An understanding of how to properly think about and visualize complex data in a way that clearly tells the underlying story is required.
Compensation & Benefits Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We offer a competitive benefits package.
Location: Denver, CO