layout: single title: “CT Dem Party: Data Director” tags: - campaigns - data - datamanagement—
Note: deadline 12/11/19 The Connecticut Democratic Party (CDP) is seeking a Data Director to handle the day-to-day data needs of the CDP, democratic town committees, municipal, state and federal campaigns. The position will work across departments and with the DNC to use data to build successful campaigns.
We encourage applicants with campaign experience to apply. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to electing Connecticut Democrats and who will make a commitment to CDP through the 2020 election cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Handling the timely and strategic acquisition of the statewide voter file and other key datasets;
- Day-to-day management of users and committees in VAN;
- Oversee contracts, payments and access for
- Implementing systems for access to and data sharing within VAN for all user types, including county and municipal parties and candidates for office;
- Working with the leadership team to develop regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis, including but not limited to voter registration trends, candidate recruitment, voter contact results, predictive model validation;
- Managing technology for day-to-day work and special events;
- Creating saved searches and targets;
- Developing and maintaining CDP’s My Campaign database;
- Collaborating with other staff to develop and deliver training curriculum;
- Providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
- Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
- Collecting raw political data and converting it to usable form for analysis; scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file (VAN, Catalist or offline);
- Overseeing the party’s HubDialer program;
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics;
- Knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder - bonus if you’ve ever been an administrator;
- At least 2 cycles of electoral campaign experience;
- Managing multiple priorities while maintaining a passion for accuracy;
- Taking initiative and provide data-oriented solutions to departments across the organization;
- A team player whose number one goal is to ensure the party’s success;
- SQL, python, or any other language efficient for analyzing large datasets;
- Tableau, d3, Shiny, or other data visualization languages or platforms - we encourage you to share viz work, if any.
- Familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation;
The Data Director will report to the Executive Director. Salary is dependent on experience. Generous benefits offered. The job is based in Hartford, Connecticut.
How to Apply:
- To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references at the link here by Wednesday 12/11/2019 @ 5 pm. Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Connecticut Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Salary: Not listed
Location: Hartford, CT