A national network of social justice advocates – and the organization behind Nuns on the Bus – NETWORK educates, organizes, and lobbies for economic and social transformation. Founded in 1971 by Catholic sisters in the progressive spirit of Vatican II, NETWORK works to “Mend the Gaps” in income and wealth disparity and works to create a society and economy of inclusion. We value women’s leadership, we appreciate people from religious and secular backgrounds, we affirm members of the LGBTQ+ community, and we engage in the ongoing work to become a multicultural anti-racist organization.
Why this position matters: As a membership organization which communicates with and equips tens of thousands of advocates to engage in activism on a daily basis, NETWORK relies on good data to keep our efforts running smoothly. The Database Coordinator ensures we have the right information to ethically engage with our community in the ways that members want. Our ultimate goal is for the person in this position to be instrumental in applying data-driven technologies and data-driven decision-making to NETWORK’s strategic initiatives.
You could be our next Database Coordinator if you:
- can quantitatively and qualitatively understand the intricacies of a membership network;
- are a creative thinker and implementer, who loves data and systems, but appreciates that members are people, not just pieces of data;
- can translate what a colleague needs into fields, reports, processes, and workflows;
- are an excellent communicator, a skilled trainer, and an organized collaborator;
- have experience with Salesforce, fluency in Microsoft Excel, and a hunger to use data to support the mission; and
- love details, data, and want to figure out the optimal way to get the information we need.
- Familiarity with faith-based organizations, advocacy organizations, or working with disadvantaged populations a plus.
Location: Washington, DC