This position is responsible for identifying, processing and analyzing the full scope of political, organizing and membership data. As a member of the Analytics and Engineering Team within the Data Systems and Analytics (DSA) Department, you will work with Analytics Team colleagues on developing research methodologies, implementing those approaches, and providing strategic guidance to the Assistant Director of Analytics and Engineering and senior DSA leadership.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Guides and advises SEIU locals on how to best use existing technology to improve tracking and reporting of member activities and/or worker organizing.
- Provides guidance and advice to SEIU Divisions, Locals and organizing campaigns that enhance member list, member activists list, and other data to enhance member development.
- Assists local unions to resolve issues and create local union dataflow to enable better member and worker organizing tracking.
- Works in concert with SEIU department staff to design and develop systems that help locals track campaign and member engagement targets.
- Develops and maintains on-going relationships with local union data and technology staff to understand and fix their data challenges as it pertains to analytics.
- Serves as the analytics liaison to other departments and divisions to ensure SEIU is staying current on the technology that is at SEIU’s disposal, developing system that feed into the other SEIU systems, and shares best practice on data flow and integrity.
- Imports and exports files between formats and programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, delimited text files, and a variety of other file formats, including utilizing e-mail and web-based applications as needed.
- Compiles data from the field and integrates it with internal and external data sources in order to provide enhanced analysis of organizing efforts and results.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the data work of the department, SEIU’s various divisions and campaigns.
- Proactively stays current on data management and best practices through interaction with partners and vendors.
Location: Washington, DC