Lead Trainer and Curriculum Manager
Reporting to: Board of Directors to Change the Game
Questions may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role: Change the Game is seeking a Lead Trainer and Curriculum Manager to launch the 2020 Training Program. Change the Game has a goal of training 300 new Data Managers for progressive organizations at every level of the work. We are looking for someone to lead curriculum development and Trainer Recruitment for the online and offline components. In 2020, it will be more important than ever to be flexible and employ election-proven best-practices. As technology becomes more integrated in our campaigns, we need to leverage that resource to our greatest capacity and it will be important for this person to be committed to leveraging technology in innovative ways.
Change the Game seeks a candidate with a passion for providing data manager focused trainings for campaign-related technology and data. The Lead Trainer and Curriculum Manager will report to the Change the Game Board of Directors and will be responsible for planning, leading, and organizing in-person trainings and online progressive data and technology trainings. You will train entry level data skills on how to use and implement technology and data to win elections and organize power for local communities. This individual will play a central role in executing ahe data training to share skills with the existing ranks of the progressive movement. Change the Game wants to hire for this position immediately, and is looking for a candidate who is interested in staying in this role through the 2020 election cycle. DC is preferred, but remote is possible for the right person.
The Lead Trainer and Curriculum Manager Will:
- Lead in-person trainings and development of the online training repository with the support of the Change the Game Board of Directors
- Hire trainers and curriculum development specialist to develop training materials for all classes in the training
- Recruit and organize trainers and coaches to develop curriculum and materials for the training
- Coordinate the implementation of the in-person training and online course offerings
The Ideal Candidate is Someone Who:
- Is enthusiastic about using training and technology to increase organizing capacity for the progressive movement
- Has an interest in developing long-lasting technical training and support ecosystems for data practitioners
- Is a lifelong learner
- Strong experience designing, assisting with, or running trainings (especially technical trainings)
- Strong working knowledge of how to run inclusive, accessible training spaces
- Experience using data and technology to manage electoral program goals.
- Goal-oriented, self-starting collaborator
- Be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice
- Ability to be a collaborative participant as part of a multiracial and intergenerational team of varying technical skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex ideas in plain English.
- Committed to contributing to an inclusive and equitable work environment across race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age and class
- Experience working with voter datafiles for engagement work: Must have a background working with voter data, voter targeting, engagement programs, reporting, and voter work in particular. This also includes a proficient understanding of the best practices around data management and integrated voter program.
- Management of Technical Projects and Staff Experience working in a technical capacity: Management of technical staff or program preferred. Must have experience either managing a technical or data program, or working in an organization’s technical or data team with relevant project management systems.
- Great communication skills: Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and critical stakeholders to ensure alignment on timelines and deliverables. Must be able to write reports and proposals for funders, partners, and clients. Must be able to communicate well with staff and volunteers so that they have clarity on what is expected in order to implement trainings and online programming at a high level.
- Great collaboration and leadership skills: Must be able to manage and create a shared collaborative environment among community members with sometimes competing agendas. Must be able to build cohesion and community among trainers, coaches, and trainees for all trainings. Must be able to facilitate building online community support for trainees and people who want to implement these trainings online.
- Ability to travel: Work may involve travel. Overall, the expected amount of travel is no more than 45% of the time. The training team and staff may be remote.
Preferred but not Required:
- Knowledge of both national and state structures of the progressive infrastructure and coalition partners
- Experience managing relationships with organizational partners and/or vendors
- Previous experience working with VAN, TargetSmart, Catalist, PDI or other individual-level data platforms used to target and implement civic engagement programs is preferred
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to, the Change the Game committee at email@example.com.
Salary: $8,000.00 a month.
We embrace principles of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or transgender or veteran status. We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBT candidates to apply. Change the Game is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All who believe their voice should be heard in the Progressive Technology training infrastructure should apply.