EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Data Assistant to join our Data and Technology team. EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 50,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Data Assistant serves as a resource for the Data/Technology Department, which services every other department in the organization. As a part of the Data/Technology team, the Data Assistant works closely with the Reporting and Automations Manger to fill Data Requests and works to make sure requests are handled by the deadline.
- Fulfill direct mail and telemarketing requests using donor database in conjunction with outside consultants;
- Assist members of other departments with query creation and reporting from our donor, digital, and campaign databases;
- Help clean, upload, and maintain the integrity and hygiene of the data in Raiser’s Edge and EveryAction;
- Assist in building an organizational culture that is steeped in data-driven decision making;
- Maintain relationships with other departments by filling data requests in a timely manner;
- Provide administrative support to the Data Team, including assisting the Chief Technology Officer with calendar and scheduling;
- Serve as front desk relief as needed;
- Other data needs as necessary.
Location: Not listed, presumably Washington, DC