The Pennsylvania Democratic Party is seeking a Data Director to begin immediately.
Key priorities for the Data Director include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of the state party plan
- Coordinating usage and relevant training
- Working with campaigns and allied groups on data transfer and storage
- Participation in relevant DNC conference calls and VAN trainings
- Building overall data capacity
- Day-to-day management of users and committees in Votebuilder
- Prepare and Run monthly online VoteBuilder trainings for all levels of VoteBuilder users
- Educate campaigns and county committees on voter file policies and increasing voter file usage.
- Monitor VAN usage to enforce VAN policies
- Update and maintain the voter file
- Schedule and perform policy review conference call with mail vendors
- Review and troubleshoot mail documents and forms to begin mail process
- Upload mail documents into system for retention
- Track and monitor mail pieces to ensure process is moving quickly and efficiently
- Grant final approval to mail vendors
- Knowledge and familiarity with VAN, preferably in an administrative role
- At least two cycles of prior campaign experience preferred.
- Demonstrated data analysis and writing skills, preferably in a political environment.
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
- Working knowledge of statistical models, precinct targeting, etc. a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables.
- Intermediate knowledge of Access (or other SQL database) including creating queries and manipulating large data sets strongly preferred
- Familiarity with GIS preferred but not required.
- Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports. • Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Philadelphia or Harrisburg, PA