This position is responsible for administering data on organizing campaigns. The incumbent will assist the department and affiliates to utilize advanced data tools and techniques to facilitate data-driven campaigns and strategy. Successful candidates will have experience working in the field on organizing and/or political campaigns and will have used VAN extensively for organizing (political and/or labor). They also must have a thorough understanding of Excel.
- Assist AFSCME International Staff and affiliates in developing data processes to accurately measure progress toward organizing goals.
- Provide data driven strategic guidance on best tactics to achieve goals to organizing leadership.
- Manipulate voter, membership, volunteer and other person level data.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition and preservation.
- Provide data, targeting and technological guidance on issue and electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support and train users on VAN and Catalist’s M Tool.
REQUIREMENTS: Education and Experience Graduation from an accredited four-year college or two (2) – five (5) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effective analysis skills.
- Field and campaign experience.
- Strong commitment to the labor movement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical individuals.
- Advanced Excel skills are required and experience with database platforms like Microsoft Access and more advanced SQL and query construction is a plus (not required).
- Experience as an administrator on VAN, including creating users and generating reports.
- Some familiarity with datasets such as Catalist and NCEC.
- Understanding of common direct voter contact programs and labor organizing practices.
- Experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively and work under deadline pressures.
Salary: Starts at $52,189
Location: Columbus, OH