The Director of Data and Analytics will manage and execute a strategic data-driven research program supporting Amy McGrath’s campaign to win the United States Senate seat in Kentucky. Managing an analytics team, the Director of Data and Analytics will be enthusiastic about research methods, randomized controlled experiments and innovations in data and technologies to be used in programs and assessments of results. This person will be adept at and have knowledge of advances in technology that can be applied to the campaigns’ programs. Strong skills in people management and project management are required.
The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills and have the ability to work independently and effectively in an action-oriented office. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, driven individual to play a leadership role in a campaign poised to have a huge impact in the most high profile Senate campaign in America.
- Leads the creation and implementation of a strategic, rigorous Data and Analytics plan designed to maximize civic participation of the Rising Kentucky Electorate
- Leads Data & Analytics department, directing staff, consultants and managing resources towards overall strategic plan
- Directs the data for all voter contact programs, ensures that data and analysis are both error-free and on-time, manages the development of predictive models, leads the design and implementation of experiments, coordinates the research agenda, manages the campaign’s analytics infrastructure, and contributes to the design of new mobilization programs
- Explores new data sources and new innovations, determining which are most strategic for overall goals and how best to incorporate, both internally and externally
- Works closely with partners across the commonwealth and the country on shared goals of maximizing voter participation and evaluating programs
- Develops and maintains granular, cycle-long reporting structure for internal staff, stakeholders, and external partners that informs strategic decisions
- Contributes to overall programmatic strategy and serves as an ambassador for the campaign’s analytics research and results
- Serves as a key member of the program strategy and leadership teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for the mission of increasing voter participation among underrepresented constituencies
- Strong people management and project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to organize complex ideas for others to understand
- Experience leading a political data and analytics team
- Experience designing and executing randomized controlled trials
- Proficiency in R, Stata or similar languages and familiar with new advances in data analysis
- Proficiency in SQL
- Creative thinking and ability to be a strategic player in the design of programs
- Understands the utilization of statistical models
- Contributes strategically by looking at the data
- Translates program results for others to use
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Experience managing voter file data
- Experience working with large scale direct voter contact programs (field/mail/SMS/digital)
- Understanding of statistical analysis techniques and latest innovations
- Familiarity with the academic literature on voter registration, mobilization, elections, public opinion, and interest group advocacy
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, and predictive modeling
- Experience with data warehousing
The annual salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. The campaign offers an excellent benefits package, including healthcare.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Data and Analytics” in the subject line.
Amy McGrath for Senate is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy McGrath for Senate is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Amy McGrath for Senate will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.