This position is responsible for working with local unions to design and develop data and technology systems to help local unions track, report and analyze member development and member activity and worker organizing.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Assists local unions to troubleshoot and design local union dataflow to enable better member and worker organizing tracking.
- Assists local union to administer Internal organizing campaign data, organizing databases and other technologies employed during SEIU’s political, internal and external organizing efforts.
- Provides guidance and advice to SEIU locals on how to use existing technology to better track and report member activity and/or worker organizing.
- Provides guidance and advice to SEIU Divisions, Locals and organizing campaigns that enhance member list, member activists list, and other data to enhance member development.
- Works closely with department staff to develop systems that help locals track campaign and local union member engagement goals.
- Develops and maintains on-going relationships with local union data and technology staff to understand and fix their data challenges.
- Serves as liaison to other departments including the Data and Technology department, Organizing Data Team, and the political data team to ensure the department is staying current on the technology that is at SEIU disposal, developing system that feed into the other SEIU systems, and shares best practice on data flow and integrity
- Develops and Implements training of International, State Council, and Local Union staff in the use of campaign data and organizing technology.
- Represents SEIU in internal and external forums and maintains relations with SEIU locals and state councils.
- Imports and exports files between formats and programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, delimited text files, and a variety of file formats including utilizing e-mail and web-based applications.
- Integrates field data with internal and external data sources in order to provide enhanced analysis of organizing efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the Organizing Data Department, the Political Department, or SEIU’s Divisions and organizing campaigns.
Location: New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; or Milwaukee, WI