State Voices seeks a Civic Engagement Data Manager to support the organization’s voter registration and GOTV programs across multiple states. The Civic Engagement Data Manager will report to the Deputy Director of Civic Engagement in the Data & Technology department and will work directly with State Voices’ state and national data staff to roll out a large-scale voter registration project in the Midwest. They will also work with vendors and consultants to develop and present training components for state table staff, support onboarding for new state-level data staff, implement best practices for Voter Registration Data and Quality Control processes, and ensure data integrity and integrations across multiple platforms and programs.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to produce timely data centric reports covering voter registration work performed by State Voices and partners.
- Help develop state-based training curriculum for state tables to present to their partners.
- Work with the State Voices’ national data team, partner data staff, and consultants such as VVN to manage the flow of data related to ongoing voter registration work.
- Work with the State Voices’ national data team and state Data
- Managers to improve standards around training curriculums and materials for national and state-based trainings.
- Work with state data managers to identify and troubleshoot problems in the data pipeline and/or data integration.
- Support state data managers in assuring that voter registration applicants are effectively included in GOTV universes.
- Coordinate with the State Voices national data team and state Data
- Managers on executing field studies on improving voter registration, messaging and non-partisan voter engagement.
- Identify and champion opportunities to evaluate tests and experiments using new and trusted reporting tools and methods.
- Train and coach individuals and national partner organizations to use best practices for using data to drive voter registration and GOTV programs.
- Assist in development and delivery of trainings related to voter registration data and associated technologies (BLOCKS, VAN VRT, Captricity, and others) and attend trainings and check-ins in states where high volume voter registration work is ongoing.
- Support voter registration technologies, advising in-state and partner data and quality control staff on best practices, support issues, and trouble tickets.
- Identify and/or create new tools and reporting for state tables to maximize their voter registration and GOTV programs and goals.
- Work with state data managers and national staff on analysis and reporting of civic engagement data to maximize program results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Washington, DC or Remote