Under limited supervision, maintains database of workers in bargaining units represented by Participating Affiliates (PA’s), including membership, employment, and demographic information according to both the unique practices of each PA and the unique Shared Services Agreements (SSAs) between UNITE HERE and each PA. Follows through with PA’s and employers on record issues. Runs test reports to assess quality of the records. Creates dues and membership files for PA’s.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Review backup and payment documentation from a variety of sources, including multiple PA and employer FTP sites. Keep track of sources of information and how to access and/or contact those sources.
- Track receipt of backup and payment documentation and organize accordingly. Track posting status. Report missing information to Sr. Membership Records Processor or Lead.
- Post dues and other payments. Prepare supporting documentation for processing.
- Report problems such as incorrect billed and deduction amounts and permit/membership issues to Locals and Lead.
- Identify and use documents from a variety of sources to maintain and update membership, employment and demographic information according to the practices of the participating affiliate and the established roles and responsibilities.
- Track, run and reverse Permit Per Capita Catchup Batches to ensure per capita is paid on permit fees.
- Prepare per capita reports.
- Communicate with Locals about routine matters using email templates and composing original emails.
- Compose emails summarizing record issues for Locals and Leads. Keep track of follow up on such issues.
- Prepare Compliance Reports. Correct issues identified by Compliance Reports.
- Maintain a work flow calendar. Modify calendar to adjust for work flow issues. To the extent possible, customize calendar to meet the needs of individual Locals.
- Maintain Batch Distribution Chart. Resolve discrepancies between deposits and batches.
- Maintain electronic files according to SSC protocol.
- Complete multiple responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Generate necessary Membership Management System reports required for billing, posting and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $40,360 for 35/hrs a week (working over 7 hours a day will be paid as overtime)
Location: New York, NY