The Senior Data Organizer will work closely with Data Organizers, union Organizers and members within a local union on data management and analysis that will strengthen organizing campaigns. Train local staff and Data Organizers on data management and analysis. Work with Lead Data Organizer and other Data Organizers across the country to share skills and tactics.
UNITE HERE is a labor union leading the fight to organize hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers in hospitality jobs throughout North America. Our 300,000-member union is at the forefront of battles for workers’ rights, immigration reform, living wages, and quality jobs in many cities throughout North America. We are mostly women and people of color, hailing from all corners of the planet. Without a union, people who cook and clean for a living often live in poverty, but with UNITE HERE, housekeepers, cooks and servers fight for and win middle-class wages and top-notch healthcare, along with dignity and respect on the job. (www.unitehere.org)
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support and execute data entry and analysis across the lifespan of a campaign, and over multiple campaigns at once.
- Analyze database in search of insights for the organizing, and communicate findings to relevant staff.
- Create and produce reports on organizing metrics, such as number of members contacted, based on the needs of the particular campaign and the data available.
- Compile disparate data sets into meaningful forms such Pivot Tables or integrated lists.
- Develop and implement along with appropriate staff systematize processes that improve data quality.
- Oversee the work of other Data Organizers as assigned.
- Train local union staff and data organizers on use of database software, Excel, and other tools.
- Assess software needs and set goals for planned software transition.
- Assist local union in any other activities to support organizing campaigns as needed.
Salary: Not listed
Location: Multiple: Bay Area, CA; Houston, TX; Miami, FL; Seattle, WA