Equis is working to: create a better understanding of Latinx communities, invest in innovative approaches to reach and engage them, and uplift the Latinx leaders of tomorrow who will implement and carry forward this important work. We are a resource for leaders in the Latinx community who have ideas with the potential to create a more active Latinx electorate but haven’t yet found the support they need to launch or reach scale, especially in the areas of data, research, and communication. We offer research, funding, leadership development, fellowship, and the space to experiment.
Leading critical aspects of our partnership work and digital innovation program work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Partnership Management: Develop key partnerships with partners in the progressive movement implementing findings from our research project and digital experiments.
- Oversee Whatsapp Development Project: Lead the team developing the design sprint and ultimate implementation of the training outcomes with key partners.
- Lead Coordinator with Kairos on the Digital Capacity Fellowship: Primary interface with Kairos on organization selection; training schedule and implementation of ongoing support with partner organizations.
- Manage EquisLabs Digital Incubator Cohort: leading monthly check ins with grantees, oversee funding distribution and summary of learnings from investment for
- Support Equis Research Polling Project: Working closely with the Director of Research, support the work of managing vendors and ongoing research project.
COMPETENCIES To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Culture competency and network and trusted relationship with partners in the movement: This role depends on having strong relationships to create key partnerships within the electoral and movement space, especially with Latinx-serving organizations.
- Familiarity with digital organizing, digital targeting and testing: has an understanding of digital targeting; understands and accepts the importance of testing and iteration; can think about how digital can be used to supplement person to person organizing.
- Independent Problem Solving - Self starter. Does not always need to wait for direction. Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Willingness to work in a start-up and entrepreneurial environment: Okay with iteration, building the plane while flying it, exploring understudied territory.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity to all. Responds promptly to external and internal requests
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner and communicates needs or points of clarification.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to views.
- Politically Astute - Able to navigate personal relationships and sensitive situations.
- Detail Oriented - Reviews documents, catches mistakes, crosses T’s and dots I’s.
- Key Programmatic Experience: Fluent in G-Suite and Excel/Google Sheets
Salary: $84,000 - 110,000
Location: This is a remote position with occasional travel. Parts of the team are based in Washington, DC and NYC/NJ.
Please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and position title in the subject line. Your cover letter should include:
- Your previous experience;
- Why you want to join the EquisLabs team in this position;
- Two references; and
- How you heard about the position.