WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (Classical radio) are seeking a full-time Director of Data Management and Strategy. The director will be accountable for providing data solutions to our fundraising teams; and maintaining, developing, and extracting data from our donor relationship and fundraising database.
- Determine organization’s fundraising needs, translate needs into system requirements and applications, design technical specification and testing protocols, and put into production.
- Analyze, query, and extract donor and fundraising campaign data; execute a variety of data management operations (e.g., query writing, list development, data segmentation, front- and back-end analysis) in the Tessitura Network database.
- Work with fundraising and marketing teams to develop data segmentation strategies with outcomes of marketing efficiency, revenue generation, and membership growth.
- Work with internal and external partners to identify and implement solutions to complex data questions; identify areas of opportunity based on analysis and insights.
- Create and document new data procedures and protocols; develop, document, and distribute fundraising performance and data analytics.
- Perform routine monitoring and testing of data populations to maintain data integrity; work with data entry and member services teams to ensure accurate data integrity.
- Identify data and database training needs and opportunities for internal teams.
- Interface with vendors to establish accurate file exchanges, share information, and address data and systems problems.
- Work with IT to develop and maintain security, including user data access, data use and storage, and security for vendor file exchanges.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of database management experience in multi-user business environment with high standards for accuracy; experience with Tessitura Network database preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Access
- Aptitude with creating Pivot tables/Power Pivots, and querying data using Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL scripting and relational database architecture
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Experience successfully working in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure
- Proven collaborator, communicator, problem solver, and project manager
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems, database, or related area
- Demonstrated experience working with relationship management database and reporting tools
- SQL training and experience
Salary: Not listed
Location: Chicago, IL