The Data Director at the Alliance for Youth Action (along with our sister 501c3 organization the Alliance for Youth Organizing) will manage and build upon the internal and network data systems for our fast growing network. Since our inception, our network has led on some of the most innovative and exciting electoral and issue advocacy work across the country. We’re looking for an organized and driven individual to create and strengthen data systems for the Alliance Network, provide training and 1:1 support for network staff, and provide reports and data visualization to illustrate the work of the network. This is a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office.
- Systems Development: Support a network of over 11 organizations through the development of streamlined data management systems, including providing technical and organizing assistance and responding to programmatic requests.
- Metrics Tracking & Management: Track network wide organizational programs, monitor benchmarks, provide technical assistance and identify gaps in collective strategy.
- Direct Training: Work with network organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance contact programs. This includes assisting network organizations in employing best practices, and providing VAN and other technology trainings to Affiliate staff in one on one and group settings.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Support the creation and development of written reports and other data visualization tools to utilize data analysis to support the network’s narrative.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong administrative VAN skills and familiarity with canvass operations.
- Experience leading group and one-on-one trainings to audiences with varying levels of technical skill.
- Experience in visualizing data (Tableau, Periscope, RShiny, matplotlib, etc).
- Experience with database administration (AWS Redshift, GCS BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc).
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively by making and meeting team goals. This means excellent organizational skills, time-management, and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work periodically long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Ideal candidates will have three to five years of experience in progressive political campaigns or similar organizations.
Salary: $85,000 – $100,000
Location: Washington, DC