Assistant Coaching Specialist About Organizing Empowerment: The goal of Organizing Empowerment is to help organizations understand the principles of relational organizing and have the skills, software, and financial support to be successful in their own organizing work. Organizing Empowerment will provide full support to an organization, by working with them to develop, write and implement a relational organizing plan that fits into their larger mission as well as provide them with training to develop and apply core skills in their volunteers. Organizing Empowerment’s trainers, who are some of the most experienced relational organizing professionals in the country will provide the support and training needed to increase effectiveness in this important approach. Through training, software, and funding, we hope to lift up organizations across this country to achieve their organizing goals.
Job Description: Working with other members of the team, the Assistant Coaching Specialist will ensure effective training and support for Organizing Empowerment Project’s clients. This role has an emphasis on creating training documents, pulling reports, participating in training webinars with organizations and partners, and assisting the Coaching Specialists with other tasks.
- Assessing clients’ needs and scheduling training sessions
- Follow up on required paperwork and maintaining careful documentation
- Project management in coordination with Coaching Specialists to stay on target
- Reporting and monitoring goals
- Prospecting and outreach to potential client organizations
We are seeking applicants with the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a varied work environment with multiple projects in progress atonce.
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, and Google Suite (Google sheets, slides, docs)
- Ability to set and meet timelines
We are particularly seeking candidates with any of the following background:
- Background in Relational Organizing or field organizing tactics
- Experience in political organizing or training, as a volunteer or staff
- Experience with progressive organizations or political campaigns in a professional capacity.
- Comfort and work history in diverse communities or cultures* Familiarity with use of database CRM tools (like Raynet, Salesforce, etc.)
- Fluency in a second language.
This a full time employment position running from February to November 2020.
To apply: Please send a cover letter letting us know why you are interested in this role along with a resume outlining relevant experience and work history to Jobs@OrganizingEmpowerment.org
Organizing Empowerment is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. Women, persons of color, and individuals from the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply
Salary: $40,000 a year plus benefits
Location: This position is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Offsite working location may be acceptable under certain conditions for the right candidate.