The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, and Climate Reality Action Fund seek a Data and Analytics Associate to help build long-term advocacy capacity by executing data-intensive programs and by creating and leveraging analytical insights. As a critical member of a small team, this position will give the right candidate a chance to learn and grow while making a tangible difference both on how the organization does its work, and on the broader impact of the climate movement as a whole.
General Overview: This position will be responsible for analyzing volunteer data to inform programmatic decision making, taking on a suite of short-term duties that bear significant potential for long-term growth. This will include managing the integration and analysis of voter file data, as well as in-depth analysis on data from a global network of volunteers. A successful candidate will have a background in data management and analysis, a collaborative attitude, and a demonstrated ability to work and think independently.
This position reports directly to the Program Evaluation Manager and works closely with the Information Systems, Engagement, and Special Projects teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directing and executing voter file integration and analysis, including formulating actionable implications;
- Designing, implementing, and managing ongoing volunteer data analysis to inform programmatic decision-making and reporting;
- Leveraging Climate Reality’s data resources and tools to offer ways to improve program performance among supporters, action takers, and the general public;
- Identifying opportunities for useful data segmentation, including geographical analysis and tracking metrics;
- Assisting with development, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization’s data framework and reporting;
- Producing compelling and informative reports for fellow staff members of all levels;
- Performing clean imports, exports, merges, and other data management tasks;
- Supporting data integrity across IT infrastructure and various database programs through regular data hygiene checks and assisting with maintenance, as needed;
- Complying with organizational data policies and procedures, and suggesting updates as necessary to align with industry best practices;
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Not listed
Location: Washington, DC