Fair Fight is a national voting rights organization rooted in Georgia. We are the nation’s only organization focused on promoting free and fair elections through litigation, legislation, and advocacy, that brings high-impact campaign strategies to make elections fair – for all.
To do this, we seek a talented full-time Research Director to help Fair Fight meet its ambitious goals.
What You’ll Do As the RD, you will be responsible for managing the research department in order to complete the long-term and short-term research projects needed to achieve our mission and ensure other departments have the support needed to carry out their goals. Duties include leading a team that is:
- Conducting in-depth research projects related to voter suppression efforts around the country and here in Georgia.
- Providing support to Fair Fight Action’s legal team.
- Assisting with rapid response efforts and media monitoring.
- Tracking legislation and monitoring committee hearings in the Georgia General Assembly.
- Fact-checking statements, scripts, and all form of media.
- Providing briefings and research materials, when needed.
Who You Are We are seeking an experienced, senior-level professional with previous research management experience and strong attention to detail who thrives in a fast pace environment. Additionally, our ideal candidate is:
- Proficient at core research skills. The ideal candidate will have one to two cycles of research experience either working on a campaign or within a research department. They also will have strong writing skills with high attention to fact-based detail and are able to write well under pressure without making simple mistakes. Must have the ability to work some weekend and evening hours, as necessary. Knowledge of Georgia state politics a plus.
- Proven experience building and executing best-in-class research practices and systems. You have built effective systems for supporting and developing a research team, creating the systems and space for development that team members need to thrive. You have supported new researchers in their ability to produce a high-volume of high-quality, error-free products under pressure and in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization. You have demonstrated success leading a team to achieve ambitious goals on a deadline and effectively serving as an organizational leader.
- A developed race and equity lens that informs your work and guides your leadership. You bring a strong lens on race, equity and inclusion to the talent work you lead, and help others build their capacity to consider the disparate impact of their actions or organizational practices across lines of race, gender, ability or other difference.
Working at Fair Fight This position is based in Decatur, Georgia. The salary band for this position is competitive for organizations of our size in metro Atlanta and is commensurate with the quality and breadth of experience the successful candidate brings to the table. In addition, we offer paid time off and health benefits to all full-time employees.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, which should include a short description of the last research team that you managed (the organization and industry, team size, and how many people you formally managed on that team) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Research Director.
Please note: Incomplete applications or applications through the LinkedIn platform will not be considered. Only candidates that we wish to interview will receive a response and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To deliver on our mission, Fair Fight hires and supports a diverse team of the best and brightest, and most mission-driven professionals. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and walks of life and work hard to create an environment where everyone on our team feels included.
Salary: $85,000 - $90,000
Location: Decatur, GA