Goodwin Simon Strategic Research (GSSR) is seeking a Senior Research Analyst/Project Manager to engage in strategic political and communications research with the firm’s Oakland, CA-based partner and senior research directors.
GSSR is a progressive, independent public opinion research firm that conducts cutting-edge quantitative and qualitative research to develop strategic communications to advance social change. Our research team brings their expertise in politics, public policy, and communications to our work for political candidates and ballot measure campaigns, nonprofit and issue advocacy organizations, foundations, and labor unions. Over the last dozen years, we have developed a whole new approach to public opinion research, message development, and message delivery (see www.heartwiredforchange.com). We work on a wide range of issues both in the United States and internationally.
The Senior Research Analyst/Project Manager plays a key role in all stages of the research and strategic communications process, including:
- Developing qualitative and quantitative research instruments;
- Managing multiple concurrent projects across a variety of issues;
- Developing and tracking project timelines to ensure deliverables are produced to meet deadlines;
- Helping GSSR senior leadership team coordinate staffing resources—including interns and outside vendors—to ensure deliverables are completed on time;
- Overseeing survey data collection and fielding;
- Overseeing focus group recruiting and logistics;
- Drafting messaging materials for testing;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis of survey and focus group data;
- Synthesizing key findings and producing toplines and PowerPoint presentations;
- Drafting report content;
- Working with clients;
- Conducting media and literature reviews and other background research;
- Providing proofing and quality assurance throughout the research process; and
- Managing other project related responsibilities, as needed.
Location: Oakland, CA