The Senior Research Analyst provides support for research, data and analytic projects in the Department and support to flexible teams across the organization. This team-based position does in-depth reporting from program data, builds databases combining government and program sources, creates ad hoc reports and writes memos to answer research questions, provides analyses of data and data inputs for performance management, tracks and oversees the progress of pilot programs, automates data collection where possible and writes reports. Other responsibilities include reporting and adding expert technical assistance in meetings and data visualization.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure effective use of labor market information by maintaining current labor market information for strategic planning, informing the delivery services, and making it available to internal and external audiences. Make data actionable for programs.
- Provide Geographic Information Systems mapping and analysis of data to enhance the use of labor market information, analyze the demographic and industry composition of the region, and assist in the planning of service delivery.
- Support all internal teams with data and other information as needed.
- Complete population, industry and occupational analyses in support of Board Committees and external partners in analyzing the needs of special populations and industries.
- Participate on evaluation research teams; gathering and analyzing program data, and writing evaluation reports.
- Work with community-based organizations with workforce- related programming to support their work.
- Complete detail-oriented statistical analysis of data for accuracy.
- Track program progress along a timeline in relation to other benchmarks.
- Negotiate websites to capture data and other information in different formats.
- Automate data collection and reporting in a SQL environment.
- Build, combine and maintain databases as required.
- Generate reports and when needed respond to ad hoc data requests from City departments and other partners.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Salary: $65,000 – 70,000
Location: Philadelphia, PA