VPC/CVI seeks either a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist (depending on level of experience) who will be at the forefront of VPC/CVI’s effort to expand its analytics and research capabilities by utilizing the latest data science applications to solve some of the toughest challenges in the civic engagement space. The data scientist will take a leading role in improving VPC/CVI’s data processing and analytics work, such as evaluating the quality of data sources and tools, applying statistical methods to generate actionable insights, and building machine learning models to refine program targeting. The data scientist will work on a broad range of statistical, AI/ML, and business intelligence solutions to elevate the impact of VPC/CVI programs.
An ideal candidate has deep passion for increasing voter participation among underrepresented constituencies, and is a collaborator who thrives in a team environment and takes ownership of the work. They will also actively contribute to improving processes, workflows, and communication.
- Draw actionable insights from past program and external data by formulating research questions, testing hypotheses, and determining solutions with statistical/ML tools
- Evaluate the quality of alternative data sources, model scores, and matching algorithms
- Design, develop, test, deploy AI/ML models that improve program impact and cost-effectiveness
- Take ownership of the entire data science project lifecycle
- Develop metrics on key program performance drivers and trends for standardized reporting
- Proactively identify new data sources and analytics opportunities
- Develop and maintain documentation for the analytics team’s workflow and code
- Help teammates troubleshoot their SQL and Python code and provide training on those skills
- Effectively communicate results with teammates and external partners using data visualizations and presentations tools
- Support the adoption of industry best practices for data science and analytics
Salary: $90-100k for the Data Scientist position, and $100-120k for the Senior Data Scientist position, both commensurate with experience
Location: Washington, DC