For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund seek a Regional Data Desk to support electoral and organizational data needs in 3-4 of our active states. We are looking for experts on voter file targeting, tracking and reporting on progress-to-goal, data systems management, troubleshooting, and program analysis. For Our Future is proud to run a data-driven program, and this is made possible by our dynamic and mission-driven data team helping to drive each state’s program. Each Regional Data Desk shall serve as a point person for their assigned states’ data programs, and manage support and resources provided by the national analytics team. This role will also help states leverage organizational data to build partnerships, and use data to empower teams that build power, and contribute to winning elections. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC through at least November 6, 2020.
- Administer field data management tools to support in-state organizing and electoral programs of For Our Future and partner organizations’ staff.
- Work with state Data Directors, the field department, and state program staff to manage quantitative program goals and build reports/analysis to hold For Our Future and partners accountable to those goals.
- Work with the national analytics team to manage reporting on in-state For Our Future and partner programs.
- With state program staff and the national analytics team, create, deploy, track, and manage universes for voter-file and volunteer database targeted contact programs.
- Perform regular trainings for staff and partners on voter file data, data management systems and practices (including VAN), reporting, and other topics as needed.
- Employ best practices for data management in using voter file & voter contact platforms.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- Prepare ad-hoc program analysis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (What knowledge, skills, abilities are needed to be successful in this role?)
- At least one election cycle of experience in issue or community organizing or voter contact campaigns;
- Experience utilizing voter file and volunteer management platforms, such as VAN/VoteBuilder;
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets;
- Understanding of voter file data and electoral targeting;
- Ability to communicate and train on technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, and be detail oriented while handling multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting frequent deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in SQL is helpful;
- Relentless dedication to the organization’s success and willingness to work long hours and the passion for inspiring others to do the same;
- Positive attitude and solution-based approach in high-pressure or difficult situations;
- Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work;
- Understands local community-based organizations and demonstrates respect for their leaders and programs;
- Strong customer service approach in providing technical support to coworkers and partner organizations;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Location: Washington, DC