SEIU NFFWU is working to expand the movement and deepen the successful fights to raise employment standards and unite workers in organizing their union in the fast food industry through national, state and community campaigns.
SEIU NFFWU is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which has more than 2 million members in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. NFFWU is united with those 2.2 million members in a shared belief in the dignity of workers and the value of their work, and in a commitment to a more just and humane society.
- Anchors data & targeting work that informs strategy and progress of the campaign.
- Administers and updates campaign data. Enter all campaign data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret and analyze data to help inform campaign strategy.
- Provide guidance and advice to campaign staff on ways to best utilize the data.
- Serves as liaison between NFFWU and the national FF15 data team.
- Provide reports on worker numbers and lists to regional leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the campaign.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of community or labor organizing methods.
- Experience with administration of VAN, the online database.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, and other database software.
- Ability to execute a data program and effectively prioritize work.
- Ability to manage the interface between the field and the data it generates.
- Ability to analyze data and present analysis to regional leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in sensitive situations.
- Ability to handle multiple sensitive assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical conclusions.
- Ability to use of geographic and mapping software.
Location: Detroit, MI