What we’re looking for: Turnout2020 is seeking an individual that is passionate about using data science, statistics, and technology to promote civic engagement and social change for the better. This individual should have a proven track record of working successfully designing research, analyzing data with academic faculty, statisticians, and program leaders.
- Working primarily with our academic consultant, CEO, and program leaders, your work will play a critical role in shaping Turnout2020 strategy and programs. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the “required qualifications.”
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Lead the design and implementation of experiments to measure the impact of communication about voter registration, voter turnout, and similar issues.
- Analyze experiments using statistical methods like linear and logistic regression.
- Manage and clean quantitative data using R, Stata and/or SQL
- Manage the production and dissemination of reports, memos, explainer documents, and the like, in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Lead data presentation development and must be comfortable developing data visualizations and contextualizing these into memos and presentations.
- Work with academics, vendors, and partner organizations to facilitate implementation of core programs.
- Other Turnout2020 projects as assigned.
You should meet 2-3 of following minimum requirements:
- Experience in a data-centric position in a fast paced, deadline driven professional environment, especially in politics and/or advocacy organizations.
- Experience managing with large quantitative datasets, especially voter files, organizational member-contributor data, other political data, or similar commercial datasets
- Experience using SQL, Python or similar tools for data management
- Training in statistical methods like linear regression, logistic regression, and other approaches to modeling of causal effects
- Familiar with principles of causal inference using experimental designs
- Fluency in Stata and/or R
Salary: The salary range for the role of is $90K - $130K for candidates based in SF, NYC or DC. The salary range will be adjusted based on cost of living data for folks who live in less expensive regions. Here’s why: we feel strongly that progressive organizations should optimize for a consistent standard of living for all employees.