Survey 160 seeks a Lead Engineer to be a cornerstone member of our small but growing team. Survey 160 is a software company which provides polling and research services, specifically for data acquisition using SMS.
The Lead Engineer will manage our technology stack, working with the company leadership to build out a robust, well-designed, scalable platform. This role is ideal for someone with experience and/or interest in early-stage software projects, extensive coding skills, and who is a self-starter looking for experience managing a small team, but we encourage people to apply even if they are not sure they meet all the requirements
- Oversee full stack development and maintenance, specifically setting infrastructure roadmaps and helping set engineering/product strategy in coordination with the CEO and CRO; the Lead Engineer will spend significant time coordinating, writing and QC’ing code.
- Remotely lead three contract members of our growing engineering team, ensuring high quality and on time deliverables.
- Contribute to the codebase in keeping with our product roadmap, including expansion of our Services and SaaS offering of our data acquisition product.
- Help develop product roadmap, informed by client feedback and platform performance. This includes discovery and risk assessment.
- Ensure a stable product that can keep up with large spikes in usage expected during peak moments in the 2020 campaign season
- You enjoy writing, reviewing, and documenting code, and get excited about improving tools and processes. This includes version control and ensuring a long term stable product.
- Ability to develop and support distributed, scalable software systems in a production environment.
- Comfort working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.
- Mission driven and belief in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.
- Highest degree of integrity, specifically with respect to access to sensitive client information/data.
Additional skill sets that are of value, but are not required include:
- Familiarity with devops protocols with a tech stack that features a Python backend, React JS frontend, postgresql database hosted on GoogleCloud, and Twilio APIs.
- Experience working collaboratively with teams of engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders.
- A desire to gain project and team management skills, with the support of the CEO & CRO.
- Exposure to quantitative research processes and survey data sets.
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000