Reporting to the Associate Director of Analytics, the Digital Data Manager leads on data, technology, analytics, testing, and system architecture for the communications team. They run key reports and dashboards for use by Communications and other teams, support data architecture and system integration work for communications tools and assist with broader data team-wide tasks such as complex SQL.
The Digital Data Manager has a strong interest in using data and visualization to communicate effectively and reach organizational goals. They are curious about data and excited to dive into a database to answer questions while learning several new skills quickly. They will set an example of learning, transparency, and accountability while regularly taking on department wide tasks and leadership roles.
This position is full-time, with a minimum salary of $58,500 per year, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/ dental/ vision/ life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer-matched 401 (k) plan. We will accept applications through by May 8, 2020.
Responsibilities As Indivisibles Digital Data Manager, you will advance initiatives to ensure success across various digital platforms. Some of the day to day responsibilities will require you to:
- Lead on evaluation, onboarding, and integration of new digital and communication technology (i.e. ActionKit, Formstack) to improve accurate data collection and tracking
- Work with data team and other departments to integrate systems and facilitate org-wide data syncing to create effective data flow
- Manage testing across digital platforms, including brainstorm and implement A/B tests for digital tools
- Contribute to creation of metrics for tracking success. Bring a high level of analysis to every project and proactively develop and elevate the analytical understanding of others
- Develop reports and dashboards to track internal goals and implement across comms and org-wide work
- Develop and manage professional development opportunities for self
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of experience managing digital data programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects with quick turnaround time
- Committed to progressive values along with an equitable and inclusive culture
- Adept in writing SQL and HTML, including building reports and modifying existing code
- Ability to work across team and departments with a diverse set of stakeholders
- High degree of experience in data management and quality assurance
- Project Management Skills
- Experience with digital tools such as Action Kit, Formstack or similar
- Experience designing and implementing online testing, including A/B tests and randomized controlled tests
- Familiarity with best practices informed by existing research
A successful candidate would also have the ability to:
- Lead staff and contractors engaged in digital data and systems projects; provide guidance
- Effectively plan and delegate work, including reporting on success and areas for improvement
- Effectively navigate complex internal and external situations and helps maximize results for the team; Proactively develop cross team solutions
- Ability to effectively articulate shortcomings of data to staff
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day - a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great - throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Salary: $58,500 per year
Location: Remote or Washington, DC office