Change the Game (CtG) is seeking a Technology Officer to support the launch of the 2020 Training program. CtG has a goal of training 300 new Data Managers for progressive organizations at every level of the work. We are looking for someone to develop and integrate outreach, learning and communication platforms for staff, applicants and participants, to ensure a seamless, inclusive, virtual learning environment for all. As technology becomes more integrated in our campaigns, we need to leverage that resource to our greatest capacity, while also integrating new technologies into our own tools and best practices.
CtG seeks a candidate with experience in developing and maintaining infrastructure for a new, online based training organization, while also having an understanding of election-proven best-practices. The Technology Officer will report to the Lead Trainer and Curriculum Director, and will be responsible for building a streamlined online presence for CtG that includes a website, LMS and online communication structure.
This is a temporary, full-time, contract position.
The Technology Officer will:
- Build and maintain CtG’s website with both internal and external facing content
- Develop and maintain scalable virtual infrastructure and build out new API integrations to support continuing growth and utilization of new tools. Tools will include (but are not limited to):
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Communication platform (slack, discord, etc.)
- Webinar/meeting platform (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Support reporting and tracking of training applicants and participants
- Work with the CtG team and outside trainers to help develop best practices and trainings applicable to the individual’s skills, background and experience
The ideal candidate is someone who is:
- A creative thinker with troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with good reporting and documentation skills
- Able to effectively manage & integrate data across multiple platforms
- Has knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Committed to contributing to an inclusive and equitable work environment across race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age and class
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field. 4 years+ work experience will be considered in place of a degree.
- 2+ years of Python or Java development experience
- Experience with SQL. NoSQL experience is a plus.
- Experience architecting APIs and API management systems
Preferred, but not required experience with:
- NGP VAN / Votebuilder
- Managing vendor relationships
- A learning management system or education platform
- Adobe Suite
Experience in the progressive space with:
- Progressive 501(c)(4) organizations
- Labor, reproductive or other progressive allies and/or
- State or local party infrastructure.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.