Grow Progress is hiring a full-stack software engineer to build cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s pioneering a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look. If you want to make a big social impact and grow your skill set by building products from the ground up, we hope you’ll apply.
Who We Are
Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
We’re using this tech to super-power campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country. We’re a team of experienced campaigners and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective. We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
About the Position
- You will work closely with and report to the Lead Software Engineer.
- By being at the ground floor of a rapidly expanding company that’s pioneering a new technology, you will have a lot of opportunities to expand your horizons and learn new skills.
- As part of a small team, you will have direct access to everyone at the company and will work closely with the CEO. Job requirements
- You have at least 3 years of experience in web development; specifically with ingesting new datasets, building API integrations, and supporting data-driven websites.
- You can ssh into Linux servers and have Linux command line experience.
- You are comfortable working in a small team environment, can take ownership of your projects, and can effectively communicate and advocate for your ideas.
- As part of a small team, you are willing to take on tasks that may be outside of your comfort zone.
- As a full stack engineer, you are just as excited about building ETL pipelines, designing database schemas, building API integrations, and automating internal procedures as you are designing web pages and building web components.
- You are eager to learn new skills and not afraid to fail quickly.
- You can communicate technical issues with both technical and non-technical teammates.
- You are comfortable debugging, fixing, improving and QAing software that you may not have built.
- You are comfortable with version controlling your code and collaborating with others.
- You can configure and deploy AWS EC2 instances, secure S3 Buckets or other AWS resources.
- You have experience working with Laravel, Vue.js, and Bootstrap.
- You can query and maintain data warehouses built with Vertica or Redshift.
- You can query and maintain data lakes built with AWS Athena and S3.
- You have proficiency programming in Python.
- You have worked with data and statistical programming languages (especially R).
- You have experience with big data frameworks like Spark.
- You are familiar with machine learning tools for predictive targeting (e.g., scikit-learn, Keras).
- You have worked with campaigns or advocacy organizations.
- You have worked with digital advertising platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
Salary: $75,000 - $120,000
Location: DC preferred, remote for the right candidate