SEIU is looking for a data engineer to support the 2020 elections. This is a 6 month contract position with a pay range of 6-7K a month, depending on experience.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Utilize the Civis Platform export scripts to interchange data with other systems
- Provide technical support for Local Unions on texting platform
- Wrangle datasets and vet new data sources for use in organizing and political campaigns
- Required – applicants must have the following:
- Strong knowledge Redshift SQL
- 1+ years of experience with Python (3.6+ preferred)
- Understanding of REST API Development including familiarity with concepts like: Query Parameters, Error Handling, JSON, OpenAPI/SwaggerUI, REST Verbs
- Ability to work independently and organize self around multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated experience in doing technical work with a non-technical audience
- Desired Skills – applicants will be prioritized who have the following:
- Use of progressive tools such as VAN, Civis, Catalist, and Spoke
- Familiarity around key aspects of union, community, and political organizing in order to ask questions and offer suggestions as applicable *Familiarity with Analytics, ETL, and/or Member Data Management Concepts
Specialized Knowledge and Training:
Candidates must have the capacity to work independently with SEIU leaders and staff. Experience working in diverse work environments preferred. Women and people of color urged to apply.
Physical Requirements: Work can be performed in headquarters or remotely. Long and extended hours are required.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU and an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.