Fireside Campaigns, a startup progressive communications, strategy and digital firm, is seeking a smart, Senior Data/Analytics Associate wanting to get in on the ground floor of something special at our office in Washington, D.C. The Senior Data/Analytics Associate will play a key role working on data analysis, visualization, and research for our clients. The firm already has a book of exciting established candidates and non-profit clients who are working to reform and safeguard America’s democracy while challenging the Trump administration and its collaborators across all issue areas and on every communications platform. The position will require an individual who understands that data touches every aspect of political and advocacy work in the modern world–voter contact, paid media, fundraising, polling, analytics, and visualization. The ideal candidate will understand that data is a key tool to understand the world around us and helps to inform and achieve our goals. The Senior Data & Analytics Associate will understand that data must be communicated in clear and concise ways to stakeholders in order for the data to be leveraged for our goals.
- Implement creation and deployment of audiences for voter outreach and paid media using VAN, Catalist, PDI or other voter data sources;
- Develop and Maintain Tableau or other BI dashboards for reporting or audiences;
- Research and report on election data, voter data, experiments, academic papers, and other sources of interest;
- Assist with polling analysis;
- Create memos and presentations to effectively communicate research and analysis;
- Provide support to other departments as needed.
Required skills and experience
- Past usage of VAN or other relational databases to create lists using logical criteria;
- Familiarity with data visualization/business intelligence software such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.;
- Comfortable calculating statistics or creating formulas in Excel or Sheets;
- Basic SQL or similar language skills;
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Thrive working with a team;
- Synthesis of complex technical data to a non-technical audience is something you actually look forward to;
- Excellent communicator comfortable working with a distributed team in different time zones using the tools of a modern office like Google Docs and Slack;
- Ability to manage many different projects on time from assignment to delivery;
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues;
Pluses, but not required
- Experience or familiarity with digital ad campaigns;
- Has a favorite spreadsheet function that you like to tell friends about;
- Experience with R, STATA, SPSS, etc.
Location: Washington, DC