SMEF is seeking a Organizing Data Manager to join a team of committed organizers and leaders. Reporting to the National Organizing Director, the Organizing Data Manager will be primarily responsible for creating and facilitating reporting mechanisms for the organizing team, managing data systems and the integration like Every Action, VAN/Targetsmart, Mobilize, Zoom, Thrutext, etc., and setting up best practices for data entry across departments. A Organizing Data Manager will work closely with the team to ensure that the organizing program is set up to be online first with in person opportunities; innovative, inclusive and accessible; and easily scalable. They will also serve as the main point of contact for data with partner organizations.
An ideal candidate is proactive, detail-oriented, has a deep understanding of voter data systems and tools and an ability to provide input into larger programming, is an excellent project manager, thrives in balancing the execution of multiple priorities; and has demonstrated experience assisting large and nationally distributed operations.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Systems: Ideal candidate has experience in one or more of the following: VAN management, reporting or data visualization, expertise in excel or google sheets, SQL or other relational database, and/or the ability to create targeted universes of contacts from the voter file.
- Goals: Supports the data driven programming and goals of SMEF, particularly in the areas of organizing and partnership. Works closely with the product manager and organizing team to offer organization analytics and makes recommendations on who to engage and how best to engage them to reach the goals of SMEF based on what actions supporters are willing to take so we can direct program online and on the ground.
- Reporting: Develops reporting systems to track volunteer engagement, direct target contact, and member engagement event turnout.
- Tools: Leads and trains other team members on best data practices for the following databases and tools: EveryAction, VAN/Targetsmart, Mobilize, Zoom, Thrutext, and Team. Works with the organizing team to set up and facilitate the back end for national virtual actions - text banking, phone banking, etc.
- State staff support: Support state-based programming and staff in pulling universes and defining targets for voter contact. Ensure access to and training of the tools and best practices on data management across all platforms.
The successful candidates must have the following skills and qualities:
- Working for racial equity: Consistently integrate a deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects. You have a commitment to the values of SMEF, most critically working with a workforce of all backgrounds, races, and ages, with sensitivity and appreciation for cultural differences.
- Strong communicator: Strong leadership, coaching and training, communication skills and experience working in collaboration with many team members. You are goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask. Clear communicator to your Manager and other leaders in the organization.
- Flexibility and adaptability: Comfortable working in fast-paced, changing environments with ability to maintain long, and sometimes irregular hours, plus occasional travel. Works well with other team members spread out geographically.
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience in mapping, experiments and A/B testing, statistical analysis., and/or working with APIs.
- Previous community organizing experience, as a staff organizer or volunteer.
- Savviness with relational, distributed organizing as a concept and the tools to execute.
- Experience with the creation of new products and comfortable learning how to develop and train on those tools.
- Experience working with organizations and community leaders in the women’s advocacy space.
Salary: Commensurate with experience with salary range starting at $80,000.
Location: New York, NY, Washington, DC or Remote