Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
In 2018, we made over 10 million door knocks and held 1.5 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Gubernatorial offices, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.
For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
For Our Future Wisconsin seeks a State Data Director to support in-state organizing and electoral program. We are looking for an experton voter file targeting, tracking, data systems, reporting, progress-to-goal, and program analysis. For Our Future is proud to run a data-driven program, and that isn’t possible without dynamic and mission-driven data directors helping to drive each state’s program. With support and resources provided by the National Analytics Team, you will leverage organizational data to build partnerships, provide data to program teams that build power, and contribute to winning elections.
This is a full-time position based in Wisconsin through at least November 6, 2020.
- Administer field data management tools to support in-state organizing and electoral program for For Our Future and partner organization staff.
- Work with the Field Director and partner organizations to set quantitative program goals, allocate resources, and build reports/analysis to hold For Our Future and partners accountable to those goals.
- Work with the National Analytics Team to manage reporting on in-state For Our Future and partner program.
- With State Director and the National Analytics Team, create, deploy, track, and manage universes for voter-file and volunteer database targeted contact programs.
- Act as the liaison between For Our Future and partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Train partners and staff on voter file data, data management systems and practices (including VAN), reporting, and other topics as needed.
- Assist For Our Future Action Fund staff and partners in facilitating and executing experiments.
- Employ best practices for data management using the organization’s voter file software.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- Prepare ad hoc program analysis for the State Director as needed. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (What knowledge, skills, abilities are needed to be successful in this role?) *At least one election cycle of experience in issue or community organizing or candidate campaign voter contact;
- Experience utilizing voter file and volunteer management platforms, such as VAN/VoteBuilder;
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets;
- Understanding of voter file data and electoral targeting;
- Ability to communicate and train on technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, and be detail oriented while handling multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting frequent deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in SQL is highly desired;
- Experience building data visualizations is highly desired;
- Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work;
- Possesses an understanding of local community-based organizations and demonstrates respect for their leaders and programs;
- Strong customer service approach in providing technical support to coworkers and partner organizations; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Location: Madison, WI