Overview: We are looking for a junior to mid-level Data Engineer to transform millions of data points into unparalleled opportunities – supporting everything from defeating Donald Trump to combating climate change throughout the world. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good. You’ll do it as part of a team of analysts and data scientists developing first-of-their-kind strategies and creating new products. Join us. Let’s go.
You will be responsible for:
- Building infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources;
- Developing processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production;
- Assembling large and complex data sets that meet project needs;
- Using an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems;
- Working toward constantly improving data reliability and quality;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- Working knowledge of Pandas and ideally PySpark;
- Ability to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience with SQL;
- Experience with big data tools using AWS or other cloud services
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment;
- Experience building high-performance algorithms and predictive models;
- Experience deploying deep learning models;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes.
Salary: Not Listed
Location: Washington, DC - Remote Flexibility