The Opportunity: The Data Director will handle and oversee the data needs of the Coordinated Campaign, State Party, and state and federal campaigns. The position will work across departments and with the DNC to use data to provide insight and guidance to our statewide efforts.
- Implementing systems for access to and data sharing within Votebuilder for all user types, including national entities and other in-state campaigns and committees.
- Collaborating with other staff to develop and deliver training curriculum for staff, campaigns, and county parties
- Work closely with the Organizing team to provide resources such as organizing reports, voter and volunteer targeting, goal-setting and Votebuilder maintenance.
- Effectively manage & integrate data across multiple platforms (e.g. Digital/Email, Reach, Shadow).
- Providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
- Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
- Collecting raw political data from government and consumer sources and converting it to usable form for analysis; scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file (VoteBuilder, Big Query or offline);
- Work directly to elect candidates for office and in-state committees to take care of data needs they may have.
- Work directly with senior staff, including Coordinated Campaign leadership, to provide technical perspective at the strategic and tactical levels to support data-driven decisions.Use political sense to give advice to partners and suggest queries or modifications to data requests where appropriate.
- Manage relationships with voter file, analytics and technology vendors, and serve as a liaison to other organizations that DPW works closely with on data-related issues.
- Provide IT support where necessary; manage all IT programs and inventory.
- Complete cycle(s) of campaign experience as a full-time data staffer
- Growth mindset: ability to take and implement feedback
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Strong verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills, including explaining data and analyses in understandable terms to an audience of varying technical understanding
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, fast-moving projects at the same time
- Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports, including written explanations and memos
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Experience in Votebuilder administration, or in another CRM such as Salesforce, Action Network, etc.
- Familiarity with Wisconsin politics is a plus
- Experience using NGP database also a plus
- Experience with digital data from online organizing systems and/or email
- Expertise with using predictive models and precinct targeting to build voter, volunteer and paid contact target segments
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including creating queries and manipulating large data sets.
- Experience creating visualization dashboards and/or maps
- Experience with a coding language such as Python or R
- Experience managing staff, especially in a data or technical team
This is a director-level position. The Data Director will be based in Madison. Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off
Location: Madison, WI