The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with VAN (Voter Activation Network) administration, basic training, and technical assistance in order to implement their voter engagement work, including advising on the use of voter contact tools. The Data Associate will be part of our Program Team and supervised by the Program Director. This position can be fulfilled remotely and does not require relocation to the Seattle area.
- Administer VAN (Voter Activation Network) for partner organizations and their consultants. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring the use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Support our WinWin Network partner organizations in the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools, and assist them in assessing and implementing data integration into programs.
- Host virtual training in VAN basics for our network partners
- Improve network partners’ data through list matching and providing training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Participate in regular national data calls with State Voices and America Votes, and support national efforts to maintain and strengthen state and national data systems.
- Pull voter data lists and compile other reports and resources to support partner efforts
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
- Strong understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least one campaign cycle (6-12 months) using the VAN (Voter Activation Network)
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people possessing different skill levels.
- Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors.
- Experience working in coalition with partners, or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color.
- A willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further our mission and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner.
- Background in 501(c)(3) / 501(c)(4) work
- Experience in civic engagement, campaigns and/or issue advocacy
- Working knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets is a plus
- Experience with ThruText / Hustle texting platforms is a plus
Location: Seattle, WA