As a Change Research junior polling analyst, you will be an integral member of the polling team. Change Research employs a scientific approach to polling. This is an ideal position for someone who loves political data, is excited about innovative approaches to public opinion research, and is focused on playing a part in the 2020 elections.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We invite folks with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Join us.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support the development of survey questionnaires, working closely with colleagues and clients.
- Test and monitor surveys.
- Assist in producing poll-result deliverables, including crosstabs and toplines.
- Assist with survey analysis and preparing presentations and reports.
- Conduct background research and collect data on political districts, candidates, and issues.
- 2-5 years professional experience in politics, public opinion, or social science
- Well versed in the language of data (past political polling experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to read and write about political polling data
- Rigorous in your attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Proficient in SQL and Excel, knowledge of Python, R, SPSS or SAS a plus
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Excited to be part of a team committed to making a difference in Democratic politics
- Commitment to learning and avid interest in current events, public affairs and social issues
- Enthusiastic, professional demeanor; calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Curious, collaborative, self-motivated and ready to take on challenges
About Us: In 2017, Change Research figured out a new way to quickly, affordably, and accurately measure public opinion online. We use this technology to guide forward-thinking candidates and causes and create winning strategies with them.
Change Research is innovating to solve critically important problems at the intersection of data, social science, and politics. And in doing this, we hope to make our democracy better.
Compensation and work environment: We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently we offer a fully remote workplace that is both casual and professional, and a culture that is committed to learning, fun, and excellence. Our team is located around the country, and normally has offices in Washington, DC, and San Francisco. Preference will be given to candidates in the Eastern Time Zone, but we are willing to consider qualified applicants in other locations. This position is full-time and paid monthly, and the position begins now and ends Nov. 30, 2020.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter in the body of the email and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “[Your Name] / Junior Polling Analyst.” Let us know how you heard about us.
Start date: Immediately
Status: Full-time through November 2020
Salary: $5000 - $6000/month (commensurate with experience), with health, dental, and vision insurance; company holidays
Salary: $5000 - $6000/month (commensurate with experience)
Location: Remote, but rreference will be given to candidates in the Eastern Time Zone, with willingness to consider qualified applicants in other locations.