Catalist is currently seeking applicants for a Business Development Associate. The position is an extended cycle hire, set to start immediately and run through February 2021. This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience at the intersection of technology and politics. The Business Development Associate will regularly interact with clients, but will be cross-trained with Catalist’s Data department.
This is both a forward-facing and a behind-the-scenes role, and requires an individual with comfort and interest in both sides of supporting progressive organizations’ data needs. The Business Development Associate will work across departments alongside other members of the Marketing team and will take ownership of numerous projects from start to finish. Success in this role requires a balance of personable “customer service” communication with clients, excellent follow-through, and ability to translate client needs to data deliverables. Personal responsibility, an eagerness to learn, and disciplined project and time management are essential for this position.
Your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns. A willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours is required.
This position reports to the Business Development Manager and Chief Client Officer and is part of the Marketing Team.
- Fulfill inbound projects as assigned from start to finish; successfully deliver requests on time, accurately, and in a client-friendly format with actionable insights where applicable
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients verbally and through email to define client requests
- Use Salesforce to document the sales process
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports for senior management regarding inbound sales requests
- Work closely with the Data, Analytics, and Finance teams to scope and fulfill client requests
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate will have an interest in working with progressive clients of all backgrounds and have a strong desire to learn more about how those clients leverage political data in their work. Candidates from non-traditional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and software quickly
- Knowledge of Google and Office Suites, including Excel/Sheets
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within and across teams
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in campaigns, organizing, or advocacy is required
- Comfortable working in a diverse community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences
Background check required
Education: There are no formal educational requirements for this position.
This is a full time political cycle position and will run from June 2020 to February 2021. Catalist is headquartered in Washington, DC. This position can be fully remote and does not require relocation. Compensation will be $4580/month (annualized $55,000 salary).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Associate.” Priority consideration will be given to applications received by June 28, 2020.