Civic Nation is seeking a Data Manager to manage its EveryAction database. Civic Nation uses EveryAction as a manage its constituents (CRM), organizing efforts (digital, advocacy, and volunteer), and donor management (online, individuals, and grants). The manager will report to the Managing Director, Data and Analytics and work with diverse programmatic teams to optimize data management and use.
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW Civic Nation believes that empowering people to take action can change culture. We address key social issues – access to education, gender equality, civic engagement and dismantling hate/discrimination – and keep them at the forefront of dialogue and policy. Rather than approach these issues only with the intent to change policy, we are building grassroots movements to change the world—from the ground up.
Through organizing, engagement and public awareness we work with public and private partners to inspire, educate and activate people around the issues that are important to our country. Our initiatives empower people to be agents of change in their own lives. We inspire with culturally relevant content that captures attention and sparks action. We educate by providing direct access to information, tools and resources. We activate by helping communities organize by supplying toolkits, campaign materials and digital tools.
Current initiatives include the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, It’s On Us, The United State of Women, and #VoteTogether. Civic Nation also leads the Creative Alliance, a band of creative and communication experts who use their powers for the good of the country; and works in close collaboration with the organization, When We All Vote.
Civic Nation is located in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for management and use of EveryAction database.
- Complete data migration from BSD Tools and initiative trackers (data not previously managed in a database) to EveryAction.
- Set up new initiatives in EveryAction.
- Clean up and organize migrated data.
- Ensure data tracking consistency across organization.
- Work with initiative teams to understand unique database needs and offer solutions to more effectively manage and use data for efficiency.
- Document processes and procedures for using EveryAction.
- Train and support staff to use EveryAction.
- At least four years of experience working with nonprofits, unions or political campaigns on data management and/or digital campaigns.
- Extensive experience using EveryAction (NGP/VAN) to manage varied-purpose constituent data.
- Significant skill in cross-department project management in fast-paced settings including planning and facilitating effective meetings between remote participants.
- Demonstrated success onboarding organizations to new tools/technology.
- Background in helping non-experts understand and harness digital platforms.
- Working understanding of relational databases.
- Familiarity with platforms such as BSD Tools, P2P SMS platforms, and ActBlue.
SALARY AND BENEFITS The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid health, dental, and vision insurance; generous paid time off, access to 401k plan, and more.
TO APPLY To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Data Manager. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation and your salary requirements. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Washington, DC