Vote Yes for Fair Tax is a ballot initiative committee working to pass the Fair Tax constitutional amendment, which will be on the ballot in November 2020, by engaging Illinoisans throughout the state and educating our residents about the importance of creating a more-fair tax system. We are a diverse coalition of organizations directly working with and for communities and families across Illinois that believe the Fair Tax is a common-sense reform needed to fix Illinois’s finances, strengthen our communities, and prevent cuts to the vital programs and services that working families depend on.
Illinois’s constitution limits how Illinois can raise money, resulting in an overall state and local tax system that is among the most regressive in the nation. The Fair Tax constitutional amendment changes the state constitution to eliminate the requirement that Illinois tax income at a single rate, also known as a “flat tax.” This change in the constitution will allow us to modernize our tax code, including higher rates for higher incomes and lower rates for people with low and moderate incomes.
General Overview: Vote Yes for Fair Tax is seeking a dedicated Data Director for the Fair Tax Ballot Campaign. The new team member will be responsible for building and administering the ballot committee campaign data program and providing direct data and technical support to the staff, working groups, and, as appropriate, coalition members. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of field and data experience and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The Data Director is a contract position. This work begins as soon as possible, estimated contract amount is $8,000/month.
- Manage all data structures (VAN, Action Network, online platforms, app data)
- Provide direct data and VAN support to staff and partner organizations/coalition members
- Train coordinated campaign staff on VAN/Data processes and Action Network
- Support staff and working groups by pulling Action Network reports, analyzing data, and leveraging Action Networks’ advocacy options
- Build and track all internal campaign data/operations infrastructure
- Analyze effects and impact of ballot campaign field and digital operations
- Provide tech and security support for Vote Yes for Fair Tax staff and members.
- Other duties as agreed upon by Vote Yes for Fair Tax and the contractor. Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least 2 cycles of campaign experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to experiment and learn new systems
- High level understanding of SmartVAN, Action Network, relational voting apps
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets including pivot tables and vlookup
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience explaining technical processes to people from a variety of different professional backgrounds
- Familiarity with relational databases and ability to write reporting and ETL queries using SQL
- Experience with data visualization software including Google Data Studio, Power BI, or Tableau
- Some experience in IT administration/tech support
Those interested should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but preferably before June 25, 2020.
Vote Yes for Fair Tax does not and shall not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Salary: Estimated contract amount is $8,000/month
Location: Not listed