The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV launched Chispa, a grassroots community organizing program, to ensure that Latino communities have a strong voice and the power to influence local, state and national decisions that impact our health and environment. Chispa has programs in Arizona, Colorado, Maryland and Nevada. As part of our long-term commitment to engage new constituencies and to diversify the environmental movement, the League of Conservation Voters, primarily through grassroots community organizing programs, is fostering strong local and national Latino leadership in the fight against climate change.
LCV is hiring a Data Organizer to join our Chispa Arizona Phoenix-based team. The Data Organizer will lead the development of data best practices and support Chispa Arizona’s transition to the EveryAction CRM. The Data Organizer will work in a collaborative environment to train staff and promotores on data management and support growing and managing data systems as the Chispa Arizona program transitions to independence and sustainability. The ideal candidate is motivated by a just, accessible, and culturally competent environmental movement and by taking action in the fight against polluters and climate change, and for a cleaner future and a fair democracy for all. We are looking for an organized, innovative, detail-oriented leader who is goal-driven and self-motivated, with experience in data and database management to join the Chispa Arizona team.
- Facilitate Chispa AZ adoption and transition to the EveryAction CRM platform.
- Create, maintain, and revise data structures to integrate across tools and support the membership, grassroots organizing and fundraising programs.
- Create and maintain ongoing reports.
- Collect, distribute, and manage data effectively and securely with staff and volunteers, including sign-in sheets, commitment cards, etc.
- Assist and train staff and promotores on data structures, tools, EveryAction CRM, and the importance of data in building and growing our movement.
- Execute and manage data entry, keeping data clean and updated in a single platform.
- Create and oversee events, online action forms, target universes, save searches (dynamic universes) for emails, and maintain and manage unique 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) lists within EveryAction.
- Manage data access, user profiles, and data hygiene.
- Conduct audits and provide recommendations to address any weak or insecure data infrastructure and practices.
- Communicate and enforce best practices for data and cyber security, and provide trainings on the importance of securing data.
- Communicate challenges or recommendations to leadership and staff in relation to data management.
- Analyze demographic and socioeconomic trends in membership, volunteer, and voter data and recommend measures to expand our base of volunteers and membership.
- Analyze racial, gender and economic justice impact of government policies and programs on our membership and population at-large.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of data management experience, in a paid or volunteer capacity. Experience with data management software. Preferred – Training experience. Experience with EveryAction CRM. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Skills: Required – Excellent data management skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to delegate, prioritize, and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment. Enthusiasm and commitment to amplify the voice and leadership of Latino communities in Arizona and advancing progressive issues and campaigns. Demonstrated flexibility, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, cultural competence. Detail-oriented, with good organizational skills and follow-through. Ability to work under own initiative, as well as part of a team. Creative and innovative thinker that considers themselves a problem-solver and resourceful during challenging or new situations.
- Cultural Competence: Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Familiarity with the complexity of issues and obstacles facing communities’ of color engagement in the environmental movement.
- Conditions: Ability to travel, potentially up to 10% of time, and to work some evenings and weekends. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona. Please note that all LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chispa Arizona Data” in the subject line by July 6, 2020. No calls please.
Salary: Not listed
Location: Phoenix, AZ