Launched in 2018, The Movement Cooperative (TMC) is a nonprofit founded with the aim of creating a cooperative community addressing these structural challenges. Currently, our membership stands at over 70 national member organizations and 500 state-based organizations covered under our licenses. We leverage the collective purchasing power of our membership to secure cooperatively held data and technology licenses shared across our membership and invest in common infrastructure like technical staff to support our members in their work. TMC is also a member cooperative – our board is elected by and made up of our member organizations.
Position Description Is it time for you to join us? We are hiring a Data and Technology Training Specialist to join our team. Our D&T team currently stands at sixteen team members, and we highly value collaboration and teamwork.
TMC membership gives organizations full access to our data warehouse and analytics platform and unlimited access to national voter/consumer files. The Data and Technology team provides the technical assistance and expertise that our member organizations need to get started and then ongoing support to achieve their goals and maximize their impact. We are excited to continue to build and expand our training capacity to broaden our member’s skills and best practices. The training specialist will train members on how to use our core tools like Civis Platform, EveryAction & VAN, and other key resources. They may also lead skill-based trainings and share best practices on list pulls, universe creation, or list matching.
In this role, you will work within the Data & Technology team to:
- Develop the curriculum for and lead impactful and relevant data and technology trainings to a diverse membership with varying needs and levels of expertise.
- Build relationships and connections with our members over Zoom and Slack. You will connect 1-1 with our membership and provide dedicated support on our core tools, best practices, and elevate any other requests to the appropriate point of contact.
- Train members on the strategic use of the voter file and/or our core tool offerings.
- Working with TMC’s Community department, proactively build a training calendar for members. Trainings will be led by the D&T training specialist or external partners.
- Create, update, and maintain D&T documentation like existing 1-pagers or consolidate best practices for our member library.
- Support and respond to some member needs and requests using our Freshdesk ticketing system, especially for our affiliated networks.
- Work within the larger Data and Technology team to provide general member support and contribute to long term projects.
QUALIFICATIONS A successful Data and Technology Training Specialist will have:
- Experience training a diverse audience on a wide spectrum of data skills and concepts.
- Dedication to our members and furthering their reach and impact, along with broader progressive issues and campaigns through training
- Created, maintained internal and external training documentation and resources
- Experience Interacting with the voter file, census data and/or another large dataset
- A desire to proactively address members needs and continuously learn new things
- Project management experience, including delegation, managing up and managing expectations for themselves and projects
- Able to communicate and collaborate within a team, other departments, as well as, vendors, partners, etc.
- Previous experience with NGP VAN, ActionKit, Action Network or other commonly used progressive tools as a user and/or an administrator
- Comfort with remote work tools like Slack and Zoom for meetings and trainings
- Passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion and a commitment to incorporating these values into your everyday work
We especially encourage applications from people who have any of these additional skills:
- Experience using ticketing systems like Zendesk or Freshdesk
- Experience working on campaigns, electorally-focused, or advocacy organizations, with at least one full cycle in a data-related role
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience using the Civis Platform
- Basic to moderate SQL ability
This role does not have formal education requirements.
Please note: This is a full-time, temporary position until December 1, 2020.
Salary: $5,500-$6,500 per month