Everytown seeks a Data Engineer to work with the Data department to maintain and assist in managing the many day-to-day tools and processes used to organize, report, and analyze work done in this organization. This is an ideal opportunity for a creative and mission-driven data practitioner who wants to expand their skill set and be a part of the gun violence prevention movement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and spec requirements for a successful project;
- Maintain existing systems, and deliver enhancements;
- Perform peer code review and quality assurance as part of a team;
- Build pipelines for automated transforms of data into data marts in order to support reporting, predictive analytics, and targeting.
- Provide support and training for staff and volunteers on Everytown’s suite of tools and best practices for using data effectively;
- Make recommendations and provide guidance on ways to make programs, campaigns, and data collection more efficient and effective;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Candidate Requirements: You are a great candidate for this position if you have/are:
- 2-3 Years in SQL;
- 2-3 Years in software development languages, Python preferred.
- Developing and maintaining pipelines to perform ETL;
- Working with version control systems such as Git;
- Experience using APIs to construct and maintain data synchronizations
- Experience training people on a variety of activities, experienced/comfortable at conducting trainings (even if you didn’t create them);
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively;
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially technical ideas to non-technical people, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail, including producing technical documentation.
Even better, but not required:
- Mapping visualization, D3, GIS applications or R Leaflet;
- Experience with Civis Analytics Platform;
- Ability to diagnose and improve database and query performance issues;
- Digital Campaigning platforms data schemas;
- Data Visualization & reporting of metrics using tools such as Tableau;
- Knowledge of CRM & Donation Data Schemas
This is a full time, benefits eligible position.
The Organization: Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than five million supporters and more than 100,000 members including moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and help save lives. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Salary: Not Listed
Location: Washington, DC with the possibility of being remote