WHO WE ARE / COMPANY OVERVIEW:
We Elect Democrats!
DigiDems was founded in 2018 to fill talent and technology gaps in Democratic politics in an effort to leverage the new technology created after the 2016 election and make campaigns more secure, efficient, and effective. The organization recruits and trains skilled technology talent and embeds them on Democratic campaigns. DigiDems now has a network of over 100 technologists that anchor a reliable pipeline of high-skilled tech talent that Democratic campaigns can deploy in election cycles.
In 2019, Blue Leadership Collaborative was founded to address the staff retention crisis on Democratic campaigns, and works to identify and retain high value campaign operatives, in particular women and people of color. The organization supports the next generation of campaign managers, and has a growing alumni network who continue to take on leadership roles on Democratic campaigns.
Under the parent organization, Zinc Collective, DigiDems and Blue Leadership Collaborative will continue to build the pipeline of Democratic campaign talent.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Data Analyst whose primary responsibility will be the design and execution of a Retrospective event in November 2020 that will gather insights and information from the 74 DigiDems working on the 2020 campaign. The successful candidate will turn data into information and information into insight. This insight will inform future programmatic best practices, and will drive many of the most critical business decisions by company leadership, advisors, program directors, and key donors and partners.
The optimal candidate will have a passion for data and forensic detail which can be extracted from both structured and unstructured data, and will have proven experience and success as a metrics-based storyteller.
If you are someone who is part researcher, project manager, quantitative data fiend, and storyteller, who also happens to be passionate about Democratic politics and political technology, this might just be your dream job!
- Key contributor for the agenda and content creation for an end-of-program retrospective event in November 2020 including the publishing of insights, findings, and enduring collateral from the end-of-program retrospective event, through organization of internal team resources towards this end
- Build framework for data collection and program success metrics in order to inform decision-making and strategic planning
- Acquire and analyze data from primary or secondary data sources, including both structured and unstructured data including regular individual contributor feedback reports and ongoing team forum communication
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports to measure the impact of our programs and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Create dynamic data-based presentations for internal and external publication including donors, board members, and ecosystem partners
- Research and prepare briefs and presentations (written and oral) for internal and external publication evaluating potential strategies to accomplish company goals and success metrics, and the impact of prospective projects on the political ecosystem and relevant stakeholders
- 2-3 Years proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Proven experience with experimental design and data framework creation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information from both structured and unstructured data sources
- Proven ability to translate data into effective storytelling-based presentations, with work samples available upon request
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive learner and self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in furthering the mission of this organization
Benefits Compensation: $100,000.00 Benefits: We provide Flexible Time Off, and the option of enrolling in an employee medical, dental, and vision coverage plans for both the primary employee and applicable dependents.
Salary: $100,000 annual equivalent