About the Organization The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 53 affiliates in more than 38 states and Puerto Rico, and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Opportunity The Center for Popular Democracy and Center for Popular Democracy Action (CPD/A) seeks a talented Blended Digital Manager to manage the execution of an ambitious electoral and issue organizing program in tandem with our on the ground affiliates. The program is experimental in nature, and will employ multiple digital mediums to fuel local action with statewide and federal impact across 7 key states. The Blended Digital Manager will drive the success and analysis of the program for each affiliate and work with leadership to implement new ways to integrate organizing into all voter engagement tactics, and so each program learns from each other to create a framework of best practices.
This position falls under “blended organizing” because it requires putting traditional face to face organizing strategies into action through digital means and at times in-person organizing duties when it is safe to do so. We are looking for someone with hands-on experience with a combination of the following: digital strategy, organizing, and SMS and peer texting tools, and social media data. Our ideal candidate will have competencies in digital organizing, training, and management in support of field, electoral, and issue campaigns.This position has a 6-month duration and will report directly to the National Director of Data Initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Work across departments to support implementation of blended programs like digital layering that connects field and digital organizing.
- Manage blended organizers’ maintenance of social media channels with original content, including graphics, videos, and other creative media.
- Continuously assess the social media landscape, identifying key messengers, and pinpoint trends in virality across platforms.
- Establish digital program efficacy and ensure integration of program data.
- Innovate and experiment with creative ways of leveraging technology to make good things happen, and know-how to measure what “good” means.
- Report the successes and pain points of each program, and what the path to victory looks like.
- Evaluate incoming digital data to measure content effectiveness to inform future digital work and identify gaps in the data collection process.
- Facilitate data flows from digital platforms to voter contact CRMs.
What We’re Looking For
- A demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do too.
- Experience with digital organizing, including volunteer recruitment and retention online, and planning in support of field, electoral, and issue campaigns.
- At least 5-7 years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience in running digital campaigns (ideally focused on civic participation and real world results) and a variety of digital tools and platforms. Proficiency in using several of the following platforms and tools to accomplish organizational goals: Facebook Messenger, Facebook Ads, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Pages, EveryAction, VAN, Civis Platform, Action Network, Wordpress, SMS platforms, Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing organizational social media channels.
- Comfortable with lean experimentation and data analysis. Proficiency with spreadsheets and excited to wield your number-power for social change. Having a discussion about results from A/B testing, recent CTRs, and target CPAs is not foreign to you.
- Comfort in SQL queries is a plus.
- Work independently and value being part of a team. You’re known as someone who gets things done, whether your task is creative or more technical. You prefer a mix of working on your own projects and thought partnering and learning from colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Comfort working remotely with team members based all over the country and you’re no stranger to video calls.
- Experience with story collection (e.g., selfie-style user-generated videos), preferred.
- Experience using graphic design tools like Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator) a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with unpredictable hours, and juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience with independent expenditure organizations and campaigns a plus
- Talent development skills in: training, coaching, planning, delegation, and accountability in a culturally competent way will be key to development in the management part of this position.
Salary: Expected to be $65,000-$75,000
Location: Remote applicants welcome