About For Our Future: Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
In 2018, we made over 9 million door knocks and held 1.3 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Gubernatorial offices, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats. For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Summary For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund seek a Senior Data Analyst with experience managing or analyzing large-scale programmatic data. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and actionable insights that will improve the efficacy and impact of For Our Future’s person-to-person issue & electoral organizing work. The individual who fills this role will be central to defining data-driven responses to new program challenges, and will work closely with the organization’s senior program staff. The Senior Analyst is a core member of the Data & Analytics team and will be responsible for providing additional support to the team, and the national organization, as needed.
This position, which reports to the National Data & Analytics Director, will be funded through at least November 6, 2020.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Use data to answer important questions about For Our Future direct voter contact, digital, and organizing program and variables that contribute to its effectiveness and impact.
- Produce written materials clearly communicating the results of analysis and providing clear and actionable recommendations to program staff.
- Work with other Campaigns staff to generate research questions and project ideas.
- Build, document, and maintain scalable & replicable code to support both ongoing & one-off analysis projects.
- Assist with statistical analysis & randomized control trial projects as needed.
- Serve as in-house resource for questions about metrics analysis.
- Promote a strong and inclusive culture and support a team that is mission-driven, well-trained, and set up for success.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Data & Analytics Director.
Qualifications and Experience: Technical Experience:
- At least one cycle of previous data management or data analysis experience on an electoral or issue advocacy campaign, including familiarity with direct voter contact data, is required. Successful candidates will likely have 2 - 3 cycles of experience working on an electoral or issue advocacy campaign.
- Strong knowledge of command line interface, SQL and relational databases are required, strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages strongly preferred.
- Experience visualizing accurate data analysis using visualization and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Periscope, Google Data Studio, Looker, etc, required.
- GIS and mapping knowledge are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful data driven electoral field plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV, and best practices with each.
- Experience working with voter file data (such as Catalist or Targetsmart enhanced voter files) in conjunction with direct voter contact data and digital marketing data strongly preferred.
- Experience using APIs preferred.
- Experience using statistical analysis packages (ie, R, pandas, SPSS) a plus.
Successful Candidates Will Display:
- Enthusiasm for building progressive power.
- An ability to work within and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- An ability to define and drive high-impact analysis that maximizes the potential gain in program efficiency as a result of implementing analysis findings.
- Experience communicating technical subject matter & analysis to a less technical audience, and strong written communication skills.
- A solutions-oriented approach and a willingness to take initiative.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and an ability to meet deadlines, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred (Professional experience may be substituted for degree)
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Because of COVID-19, state and local government stay at home orders, phased reopening orders, and other factors limit For Our Future’s canvassing program. When these limits apply, your work environment will likely be your domicile (teleworking) or a socially-distanced office. Employees may be required to work and interact, in an office environment or otherwise, with coworkers, volunteers, voters, or community partners periodically.
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2-3 days off consecutively unless it’s an emergency.
For Our Future Action Fund offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 monthly cell phone bill reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays
Location: Washington, DC / Remote