National Domestic Workers Alliance and Care In Action is looking for a driven and dedicated Data Coordinator. The Data Coordinator helps build power in communities of color by supporting efforts in voter outreach and experiments with emerging data trends to support the domestic worker movement. Reporting to the Data Director, the Data Coordinator should be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and is a flexible and creative problem solver.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, be able to juggle multiple projects, be detail oriented, and should enjoy daily conversations with field staff. Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Act as main responder to daily data requests from field staff for voter contact and reporting
- Act as the owner of all VAN campaigns and users, including voter file access for NDWA and CIA staff and consultants
- Help manage volunteer recruitment tools via EveryAction and voter outreach tools like Hubdialer
- Coordinate with the Digital Associate to enhance text messaging programs
- Support the Data Director in the acquisition, enhancement, manipulation, analysis, and management of voter data as needed
- Create and lead organizational VAN and data trainings as needed
- Support 5+ State Directors and Program Managers in list maintenance and tracking across tools, including VAN and Hubdialer
- Deploy to NDWA and CIA events when necessary; some travel will be required when/if safe again
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficient and experienced in using VAN to access the voterfile
- Exceptional writing, editing, and copy editing skills
- Organized, emotionally intelligent and collaborative teammate, happy working in a fast-moving remote-work environment
- Familiarity with SQL databases or willingness to learn quickly
- Familiarity with targeting an audience for organizing, advocacy, or electoral engagement
- Proficient at using data and analytics to help evaluate performance, track goals, and predict outcomes
- Capacity to explain complicated analysis to staff and stakeholders with limited experience with data
Preference will be given to:
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker, with the ability to write content in both languages
- Strong VAN or other database skills
- Experience working with data in electoral or advocacy campaigns
Background: The National Domestic Workers Alliance, organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. We work to guarantee labor protections for domestic workers by winning legislation at the state level, pushing for regulatory changes at the national level, through the International Labor Organization at the global level, and elevating domestic workers as key leaders in building a powerful movement for a more just economy and democracy.
NDWA was founded in 2007 by 13 local domestic worker organizing projects around the country. By 2016, the alliance had grown to include 60 affiliate organizations and 3 chapters. In 2016, we launched our membership association in order to dramatically increase our scale, power and sustainability. While most of our core leaders are engaged as leaders in NDWA affiliate organizations and chapters, the vast majority of our members will be workers who we engage with remotely and online.
Salary: $ 60,000-70,000
Location: Remote but must be willing to work East and West coast hours as needed