VPC seeks an Analytics Engineer to build a new data and analytics platform. This person will have extensive experience in software engineering, at all stages of the development lifecycle. They will contribute to the design, development and testing of software tools for data transfer, analytics, and reporting, as well as to the evaluation of vendor tools and services.
The candidate will be joining a new team that will be responsible for bringing many of VPC’s pipelines, integrations and data tools in-house. As an early hire, you will communicate extensively with stakeholders and exercise your own judgement in the design and implementation of these systems.
An ideal candidate may have built and deployed their own ETL pipeline, and will bring previous experience with automation toolchains and modern deployment infrastructure to the team. Experience with cloud platforms is helpful but not required. This role would be ideal for an engineer looking to move into data science roles. This role could be based out of our Washington DC office or remote for the duration of the cycle.
- Have exceptionally strong communications skills.
- Have 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role;
- or a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience;
- or an advanced degree and 1+ years experience.
- Have deep experience in Python.
- Have previously worked with SQL.
- Are comfortable developing in, and for, a POSIX-compliant (Unix-like) environment. Experience with RHEL/CentOS a plus.
Nice-to-Haves: You may also:
- Have previous experience with data in politics.
- Have previous experience in civic engagement, organizing or political campaigns.
- Have taken a software system from design all the way to deployment and maintenance.
- Have deep experience in at least one of the following: Ansible, Chef, Docker, Puppet, Terraform, or equivalent code-as-infrastructure tool.
Organization Description For the last 17 years, the Voter Participation Center (VPC), a 501(c)(3) civic engagement organization, has led the way in recognizing and harnessing the potential power of the Rising American Electorate (RAE) – unmarried women, people of color, and young people – as a vital voting bloc. VPC has positioned itself as the leading experimental and scientific civic engagement organization by accumulating more than a decade’s worth of knowledge and experience in registering and turning out the new majority of eligible voters. VPC’s programs have consistently proven to be some of the most impactful and cost-effective programs—and to date VPC has registered almost 4 million Americans to vote. VPC continues to innovate with its approach and techniques to impact greater civic engagement, registration, and turnout.
Location: Washington, DC or remote